Line of Sight

The goal of Wild in the Heart is to be a place of everything from gun talk to deer camp stories. I hope you enjoy this blog and find some useful information or at least a good read.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" ~ Philippians 4:6

"I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me" ~ Philippians 4:13

Monday, April 29, 2013

Little Moments of Stillness


Over the past week I have been thinking about a lot of things in my life, going through them, and praying about them. All of which culminated into a point where I had a moment this morning of complete stillness and silent. In that moment what I felt was a sense of finality. There are times in our lives where God speaks to us and tells us like the little children we are that we ought not to be playing with these things and to move on from them before we get hurt. And like stubborn children we ignore him and continue to play with them. Well I had one of those still moments this morning. In that moment I felt exactly what he had been trying to tell me all along. In this place there isn’t anything for me. I am not going to succeed here. I am only going to aid in the succession of others and there is a better place for me. Yes, I have to take a moment now and fall back a little bit and regroup, but in the future there will be more out there. There will be a better place that can aid in my future and push me through to the other side.  I will stand on the shoulders of my God. He will see me through to the other side. He is my refuge and strength guiding me through the dark times in my life always. He is always leading me and giving me the strength to do the things I need to and to make the difference in what I believe.  “I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the lord” this is my current call to worship. So let the Lord talk to you and give you guidance. If he is telling you to do something, maybe you should listen. You might find that it won’t look like it will be better, but trust in him and he will see you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment